Wednesday, May 13, 2009

zucchini


First little zucchini. The plant is loaded with blossums. Only had my cell phone out there this morning so pics are limited but will try to remember to take my camara down with me next time. Lettuce is perty much gone.. well its still there but about chest high and blooming. The onions are finished as well so will be harvesting them soon. Problem is they dont store well so I will have to be sharing with friends who want some. We have harvested peas twice now with I think one more harvest in them but its getting too hot for them and they are fadeing fast. It has been 92 here for days with no rain. Its cloudy but very hot and mostly windy. The plants have to get watered every day now or you can really see them suffering. The corn has put on tassells. I have to do some research on that but I dont think its good. They are not even 2ft tall yet. May not have corn this year. I have another variety I planted a little later so I will hold out hope they will do better. The plum tree dropped its plums. I dont know why but kinda sad about it. Maybe because their first year in the ground but I just dont know. I went out to water the plants on the deck this morning and found a Carolina Wren nesting in my petunia. I leaned the pot over to look and she flew out scaring the crap out of both of us..haha. I guess I will let the plant go because I love the little birds more. Guess thats it for this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment