Friday, May 29, 2009

Harvested all the onions




All the tops layed down and I read that means they are done growing. I left them in the ground for a couple weeks that way and then we picked them all yesterday. I dont have a very good place to dry them. Im just hoping for the best and hope they can cure in the window sil. I think I might end up moving them to another place because they are supposed to be cool and the morning sun comes in there. Sigh. I read too late that you can braid the greens and hang them to dry that way. I already cut the greens and was going to freeze them for potato topping. I will just have to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I kept my onions that I got from my sister-in-law in the dark garage. It was the darkest and coolest place we had and they lasted all summer and we only lost one. My grandpa used to keep them under the the house, along with his potatoes.

    ReplyDelete